It has been about 2 years since I have been driving the S8 every-day as my Ottawa daily driver. The short-take:
- There is not much to dislike!
- Power and performance is amazing – in any weather (caveat: must have right tires).
- Absolutely comfortable for 4 adults + luggage.
- Fuel economy is abysmal in town – but it gets 25MPG+ on the highway
- Best electronics I have seen in a car ever both in terms of features and usability
- Non-ostentatious – totally a stealth “bahn” burner
- No real maintenance issues – despite having a Lamborghini-sourced 5.2L V10
If anything, it’s biggest detractions are that it lacks style and soul – but then again, that’s also one of its selling points. It just depends on what you’re looking for. In short – there are not many performance cars that could survive daily driving in Ottawa. This did – with aplomb.