On September 6, Cactus Commerce, the company for which I have worked for the last for years, has been acquired by Ascentium Corporation of Bellevue, WA. It’s truly ironic that after moving to Ottawa from Seattle, we’ve been bought by a Seattle-based company – and now I’m being relocated back to Seattle to take on a new executive role within the combined organization. With this, I expect things are going to be quite busy. And not as many posts for a while.
But in the meantime, you can read all of the details here:
- Ottawa Citizen: U.S. firm acquires Gatineau’s Cactus Commerce – http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/firm+acquires+Gatineau+Cactus+Commerce/5366158/story.html
- ClickZ: Ascentium Acquires Cactus Commerce – http://www.clickz.com/clickz/news/2107565/agency-news-72andsunny-ascentium-carrot-creative
- DMNews: Ascentium buys e-commerce firm Cactus Commerce – http://www.dmnews.com/ascentium-buys-e-commerce-firm-cactus-commerce/article/211347/
- Forrester Blog: Ascentium, Cactus Commerce, and the Evolution of Commerce Systems Integrators & Agencies – http://blogs.forrester.com/brian_walker/11-09-06-ascentium_cactus_commerce_and_the_evolution_of_commerce_systems_integrators_agencies
- Tech Flash (Puget Sound Business Journal): Digital agency Ascentium Buys Cactus – http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2011/09/ascentium-buys-cactus-commerce.html
- Ottawa Business Journal: Cactus Commerce by US Firm – http://www.obj.ca/Technology/2011-09-06/article-2741413/Cactus-Commerce-acquired-by-US-firm/1