This week has seen Seattle, New York, and now back to Ottawa. A bunch of things wrapped up. And gearing up for the next round – which promises to be even busier. The long weekend can’t come soon enough!
Month: August 2011
Dubai – remarks
And that is the tallest building in the world. Live in Dubai – captured on my iPhone as we drove through the city. My remarks:
- The architecture is more amazing than anything I have ever seen. Anywhere. Period.
- The country is run like a company – that is the philosophy. Everything is about renewal and efficiency – with an incredible air of competitiveness. Nothing lest than the best will suffice.
- It’s very liberal for an Islamic nation (e.g. – women can be uncovered, there are bars & nightclubs) – but values are strictly upheld and observed (e.g. – Ramadan, Internet censorship of inappropriate content).
- Almost everyone is an immigrant. And it’s all about business. It is one of the most pro-business places I have been.
I hope I have the opportunity to go back! (And, at some point I’ll do a Flickr gallery of the iPhone posts.)
En Route to Dubai
A brief post this week. I have been in Ottawa. Then Seattle. Now I’m in Washington DC. And about to fly onto Dubai for business. That should make for some interesting camera-phone photos – too bad I don’t have the room for the 1D Mark IV and gear.
The DB9 is here. The photo above was taken on delivery in Seattle. It is AWESOME. A full review comes later when I have lived with it for a while. But the short take:
- Nothing sounds like an Aston V12 – it rocks!
- Great balance of comfort – without sacrificing handling or performance
- Seemingly limitless power
- You can feel the road – but it won’t knock someone’s fillings out
- Nice balance of amenities – but not too much; it still feels like a sports car
- Quite usable for city driving
- Cornering is amazing (with the Sport Pack) for a large car
Be seeing you!