The instructions I had previously written back in 2020 now no longer work. After a few more weekends of trial and error I finally figured out how to setup a Google Workspace account with a Nest Hub Max that is part of my personal Google Home. Fortunately the process is now quite a bit simpler.
Here’s how I did it…
- Setup your Nest Hub Max and configure it in Google Home using your Workspace account.
- In Google Home settings while signed in using your Workspace Account, remove the device from your Home.
- In the Home app while being signed into your Workspace account, open Assistant Settings.
- Select Face Match and add a new device. Choose the Nest Hub Max you just removed from the Workspace Google Home – this will link your Workspace account while it is in an unadopted state. It will also require you to enable Voice Match and Personal Results.
- After the account has been added, in the Google Home application switch to your personal Google Account. Then simply add it to a room – voila!
I hope this helps!