I am pleased to report that Commerce Server 2007 has shipped (or RTM-ed in MicroSpeak). Tonight the team has signed off on the Enterprise, Standard, and Evaluation editions in English, French, German, and Japanese. This is another remarkable day in Commerce Server history – as it represents the culmination of 2.5++ years worth of efforts to bring what we think is a very cool solution to market, featuring major enhancements in:
- Complex Catalog Support
- New Business User & Reporting Experiences
- Web Services Infrastructure
- BizTalk Server 2006 Adapters for LOB/B2B data interchange
- Multi-environment Deployment Tools (via Commerce Server Staging)
- Health Monitoring (via the MOM2005 Management Pack)
- Orders extensibility
- Performance/Scale optimizations for a Top 10 Global Retail Peak Holiday scenario
The following documentation is available now:
- http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=62571 – RTM Product Documentation
- – RTM Readme
- http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=57268 – RTM Installation Guide
Edit: An Evaluation Edition of the final software is on Microsoft.com at http://www.microsoft.com/commerceserver/evaluation/trial/default.mspx.
Commerce Server 2007 will be generally available through all normal Microsoft licensing channels on August 1, 2006. Pricing and editions remain unchanged from Commerce Server 2002.
The Starter Site and another documentation refresh will also be available in August to coincide with general availability.
Now, the team is off for a well-deserved break to recharge their batteries before hitting all the upcoming things we have in the queue. Be seeing you.